We champion and encourage collective best practice through collaboration of all cultures, abilities and diversity – irrespective of starting point – to access high quality education.
We provide a safe and nurturing environment where our pupils feel wanted, valued, secure, supported and sufficiently confident to learn, grow and develop.
As a team we always practise what we preach; high levels of understanding, tolerance, emotional care and an appreciation of the different cultural experiences of all groups of young people, helping them to flourish and find their ‘WHY’!
Every member of our team is focused on – and committed to – working as one to achieve more and consistently strive for better.
Our mission is to elevate and inspire every single young person with whom we engage. Embodying our core values of humanity, togetherness and compassion, we work together to enhance the welfare, wellbeing and progression of everyone at Edstart Schools including our team, stakeholders and, most importantly of all, our pupils. We offer a challenging curriculum that’s delivered in a nurturing, inclusive and supportive environment tailored to individual learning differences, not difficulties.
We will continue to grow our network of schools to reach out to – and engage with – as many young people as possible across the regions in which we work. Each one will be empowered to achieve their maximum learning and life potential by our highly qualified, specialist team of education professionals.
EdStart Schools will become a place where young people of all abilities and backgrounds feel safer, more valued and respected than ever before, in a nurturing and supportive environment that mirrors our core, shared values of humanity, togetherness, compassion and progression.
We will not simply progress pupils; each and every one of them will be propelled from their respective starting points, to develop into confident and mature individuals, future leaders and, most importantly, ‘brilliant people’.
- To offer educational provision with the opportunities to gain recognised qualifications to young people who are unable to maintain regular attendance at a mainstream school.
- To identify issues which underlie non-attendance and disengagement from education and to support young people in addressing and resolving these issues.
- To ensure each learner has an equal opportunity to develop spiritually, morally, socially & culturally.
- To raise levels of confidence, self-esteem and aspirations.
- To offer a clear route into further education, employment or training.
- To celebrate achievements to evaluate performance and to constantly work towards school improvement.