A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom – Bob Dylan
Edstarts Responsibility to pupils
- Provide high quality learning and teaching that enables students to reach their potential as a successful lifelong learner able to make informed choices about their future.
- Provide access to a rich and balanced curriculum.
- Give regular assessment and feedback on students performance.
- Be clear about what students need to do in order to improve.
- Be positive, giving encouragement including praise and reward.
- Show respect for students individual needs, diversity and dignity.
- Provide secure and safe surroundings where students are happy to work with one another and with staff.
- Be sensitive in dealing with anything that has got in the way of entitlements as an EdStart student.
- Make the most of every learning opportunity. Remember, every lesson is important.
- Behave inside and outside the classroom so that everyone can learn and achieve.
- Show respect for the individual needs, diversity and dignity of others.
- Show care, consideration and good manners for all other members of the school community and the wider community.
- Respect the school environment, equipment and the property of others.
- Attend every lesson, and be punctual.
- Comply with all school rules and regulations; these will be explained to you by teachers
- Follow the same high standards travelling to and from the centre (in taxis, on buses, on footpaths, dealing with the general public, etc.)
- Uniform will be discussed during the admission process.
Parents/ Carers Responsibilities
- Support the aims of EdStart and child’s learning by ensuring that their child attends regularly and on time.
- Support their child’s learning and life skills by encouraging them to develop attitudes and values appropriate to life in a multi-racial and culturally diverse society.
- Attend Reviews to discuss and support my child’s progress.
- Provide up to date contact details including an e-mail address and mobile phone number to ensure that information about my child reaches me promptly.